Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Requirements and Eligibility for the Youth Player Development Award
The following requirements are for National Award Winners. Your Section may waive certain criteria for Section Award Winners.
The "PGA Youth Player Development Award" bestows special recognition on a PGA Golf Professional, who has displayed extraordinary and exemplary contribution and achievement in the area of youth player development. The award considers the PGA Professional’s focus on Youth through their growth of the game leadership, commitment at the Section and National levels in the youth player development arena, and the meaningful impact made upon youth through the introduction and participation in the game.
- Candidate must be a PGA member in good standing.
- Candidate must be well regarded as a model PGA member.
- Demonstration and acknowledgement as an individual of outstanding leadership and strong moral character.
The following persons are ineligible:
- Previous National PGA Youth Player Development award winners;
- Past Presidents of the Association;
- Current members of the Association Board of Directors;
- Nominees for National Office;
- Class "F" or "Reserved" members;
- PGA National Headquarters Staff and PGA Section Staff are not eligible for National Awards (Excluding Employees of PGA Golf Properties or Section Golf Properties).
PGA Youth Player Development Award minimum criteria:
- Candidate must currently be a Class A PGA member in good standing as either a PGA Associate or Member for a minimum total of 10 years.
- Candidate must have maintained a substantial record of service to the PGA of America, Section, facility, and golf industry in the area of Youth Player Development.
- Candidate has developed the image, reputation, and ability to inspire fellow PGA members with an emphasis in the area of Youth Player Development.
- Candidate must have maintained a continual record of service, promotion of the game of golf, as well as proven interest and ability to provide opportunities and experiences for youth to learn, play and participate in the game.
Guidelines for Selection:
The candidate will be considered on the following:
- Their entire PGA career with the primary emphasis on the service and commitment for Youth Player Development;
- The overall impact of Youth Player Development programs implemented at the facility and within the community. This impact will include assessments of successful programming to include player introduction, customer satisfaction, development of individual character and values, and retention into adulthood;
- The overall quality and mixture of the Youth Player Development programming to include the broad range of opportunities for players of all skill levels, the uniqueness of ideas, and the number of best practices utilized;
- The use and implementation of PGA of America Youth golf programming such as PGA Junior League, PGA Sports Academy, as well as Section provided programming;
- Any significant influence made on Golf Professionals, participants, the community, facilities, and employers within the area of Youth Player Development;
- The performance and service to the Association and Section to include contributions to building and growing the image of the PGA Professional and The PGA through the promotion of golf and the golf industry;
- Overall integrity and recognition as a person of outstanding character by PGA Professionals and leaders within the community;
- Other contributions provided to The PGA.