Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Requirements and Eligibility for the Player Development Award
The following requirements are for National Award Winners. Your Section may waive certain criteria for Section Award Winners.
The "PGA Player Development Award" bestows special recognition on a PGA Golf Professional, who has displayed extraordinary and exemplary contribution and achievement in the area of player development. The award considers the PGA Professional’s growth of the game leadership, commitment at the Section and National levels in the player development arena, and the meaningful impact made at the facility.
- Candidate must be a PGA member in good standing.
- Candidate must be well regarded as a model PGA member.
- Demonstration and acknowledgement as an individual of outstanding leadership and strong moral character.
The following persons are ineligible:
- Previous National PGA Player Development award winners;
- Past Presidents of the Association;
- Current members of the Association Board of Directors;
- Nominees for National Office;
- Class "F" or "Reserved" members; Associates;
- PGA National Headquarters Staff and PGA Section Staff are not eligible for National Awards (Excluding Employees of PGA Golf Properties or Section Golf Properties).
PGA Player Development Award minimum criteria:
- Candidate must currently be a Class A PGA member in good standing as either a Member or Associate for a minimum total of 10 years.
- Candidate must have maintained a substantial record of service to the PGA of America, Section, facility, and golf industry in the area of Player Development.
- Candidate has developed the image, reputation, and ability to inspire fellow PGA members with an emphasis in the area of Player Development.
- Candidate must have maintained a continual record of service and promotion of the game of golf and golf industry in the effort to grow meaningful participation in the game.
Guidelines for Selection:
The candidate will be considered on the basis of:
- Their entire PGA career with the primary emphasis on the service and commitment for Player Development;
- The overall impact of Player Development programs implemented at the facility. This impact will include assessments of successful programming to include player introduction and retention, customer satisfaction, rounds of golf produced and revenue generated at the facility;
- The overall quality and variety of the Player Development programming to include the broad range of opportunities for players of all skill levels, the uniqueness of ideas, and the number of best practices utilized;
- Their use and implementation of PGA of America tools and resources such as, but not limited to Get Golf Ready, PGA Junior League, PGA HOPE clinics, PGA Junior Camps, Drive, Chip & Putt, as well as Section provided programming;
- Any significant influence made on Golf Professionals, facilities, and employers within the area of Player Development;
- Their performance and service to the Association, as well as their Section to include contributions to building and growing the image of the PGA Professional and The PGA through the promotion of golf and the golf industry;
- Overall integrity and recognition as a person of outstanding character by PGA Professionals and leaders within the community;
- Other contributions provided to The PGA.