Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Requirements and Eligibility for the Patriot Award
The following requirements are for National Award Winners. Your Section may waive certain criteria for Section Award Winners.
The "PGA Patriot Award" bestows special recognition on a PGA Golf Professional, who personifies patriotism through the game of golf and demonstrates unwavering commitment and dedication to the men and women who have valiantly served and protected the United States of America.
- Candidate must be a PGA member in good standing.
- Candidate must be well regarded as a model PGA member.
- Demonstration and acknowledgement as an individual of outstanding leadership and strong moral character.
The following persons are ineligible:
- Previous National Patriot award winners;
- Past Presidents of the Association;
- Current members of the Association Board of Directors;
- Nominees for National Office;
- Class "F" or "Reserved" members;
- PGA National Headquarters Staff and PGA Section Staff are not eligible for National Awards (Excluding Employees of PGA Golf Properties or Section Golf Properties).
Patriot Award minimum criteria:
- Candidate must currently be a Class A PGA member in good standing as either a PGA Associate or Member for a minimum total of 10 years.
- Candidate must have maintained a substantial record of contribution and support to the United States Armed Forces and its Active Duty and Reserved personnel and veterans through PGA HOPE or another supported military/ service-based program.
- Candidate must have displayed proven interest, concern, and ability to provide opportunities and experience for active duty, reservists, and veterans to learn and play golf through PGA HOPE or another supported military/ service-based program.
- Candidate must have shown an ability to inspire fellow PGA members with an emphasis in the area of service to the military through PGA HOPE or another supported military/ service-based program.
- Candidate must have maintained a continual record of service, promotion of the game of golf and proven interest and ability to provide opportunities and experiences for military personnel to learn, play and participate in the game through PGA HOPE or another supported military/ service-based program.
Guidelines for Selection:
The candidate will be considered on the following:
- Their entire PGA career with the primary emphasis on the service and commitment for the military;
- The overall contribution to programs and events including, but not limited to, PGA HOPE, Patriot Golf Day, Folds of Honor Foundation, Disabled Sports USA, and Salute Military Golf Association .
- Preference will be given to applicants involved in PGA Sponsored initiatives such as PGA HOPE and Patriot Golf Day.
- The overall involvement in the promotion and development of targeted golf programs at the club, Section and National levels, as well as within the community for military personnel and veterans;
- The active support and contribution of the Armed Forces and veterans through community activities at-large;
- Overall integrity and recognition as a person of outstanding character by PGA Professionals and leaders within the community;
- Other contributions provided to The PGA.