Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Requirements and Eligibility for the PGA Golf Executive of the Year Award
The following requirements are for National Award Winners. Your Section may waive certain criteria for Section Award Winners.
The "PGA Golf Executive of the Year Award" bestows special recognition on a PGA Golf Professional who has performed outstanding services for a multiple facility/course management/ownership operation, Allied Association or golf industry executive management position. As one of the highest honors the PGA can bestow, candidates must possess outstanding qualities of leadership, vision, courage, strong moral character, and a substantial record of service to the Association and the game of golf. Individuals honored with the PGA Golf Executive of the Year award will be held as a model PGA Golf Professional.
- Candidate must be a PGA member in good standing.
- Candidate must be well regarded as a model PGA member.
- Demonstration and acknowledgement as an individual of outstanding leadership and strong moral character.
The following persons are ineligible:
- Previous National PGA Golf Executive of the Year award winners;
- Past Presidents of the Association;
- Current members of the Association Board of Directors;
- Nominees for National Office;
- Class "F" or "Reserved" members;
- PGA National Headquarters Staff and PGA Section Staff are not eligible for National Awards (Excluding Employees of PGA Golf Properties or Section Golf Properties).
PGA Golf Executive of the Year minimum criteria:
- Candidate must have been a Class A PGA member in good standing for a minimum total of 10 years.
- Candidate has developed the image, reputation, and ability to inspire fellow PGA members as a PGA Professional.
- Must have served in an executive management position for at least three years.
- Candidate must have maintained a substantial record of service to the Association and game of Golf, as well as helping to further educate and train their fellow PGA professionals.
- Candidate must have maintained a substantial record of leadership, service and promotion toward the game of Golf.
Guidelines for Selection:
The candidate will be considered on the basis of the following:
- The entire PGA career that will include all their work as a PGA Professional including leadership, innovation, mentoring, education and training, support of player development, as well as service and commitment to the game of Golf, their Association, and their Section;
- The overall performance as a PGA Professional;
- The impact made on the fellow PGA Professionals in the effort to lead and inspire them through contributions made to the Association and game of golf;
- The overall image as a PGA Professional and how the individual reflects the values of the PGA of America and the game of golf;
- The overall service to the Association in the effort to assist the PGA of America in its effort to meet its mission to promote the enjoyment of the game of golf, enhance the skills of PGA Professionals, elevate the standards of the professional golfers’ vocation, and promote the overall vitality of the game.